MCSE: Core Infrastructure - requirements

Question about the MCSE Core req. The wording seems confusing so sorry if i'm over looking something. on the main page it shows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/mcse-core-infrastructure#certification-prerequisites

To earn the MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification, complete the following requirements:

however, futher down the page, under certificagtion details it shows 2012 or 2016 and take 3 exams to get the core badge. 

Which one is it, 1 elective or three electives courses to get the core badge?

I currently have my MCSA 2012 and wouldn't mind getting the MSCE but do i need 1 additional course elective or 3 electives? Thanks for the help 

Answer
Answer

Hello scottweatherholt,

We do apologized for the confusion. This certification page was already been raised to our back-end team to have this updated.

Above certification path is correct to earn MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification.

If you already have MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Certificate, you would just need to pass one, any of the elective exam as stated on the certification path.

Elective exams:

·         70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016

·         70-745: Implementing a Software-Defined Datacenter

·         70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure

·         70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure

·         70-537: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub

After passing the last exam for any certification, please allow 24-48 hours for the new certification status to be updated on your profile.

If this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question and the thread will automatically be closed and locked. In case we do not receive a response, the thread will be closed and locked after one business day. Please be advised that after the case is locked, we will no longer be able to respond.

Regards,

Salomi_K1
Microsoft Community Support
Support Hours – 5:30am – 5:30pm Pacific Time, Monday to Friday (Except US Public Holidays)
Estimated Response Time – within 1 Business day

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2023 Views 3,290 Applies to: