No MCSE Cloud or similar based upon Server 2019?

Hi.

Does any of yo know if the are going to be a MCSE based on Server 2019 or newer?

I can see that the MCSE Cloud has retired as of 2018 but I thought Microsoft would have a new one based on newer server OS...

Is it only going to be those new role-based certification for Office 365 and Azure?

What got me puzzled was this article but I really like to get it confirmed here in the forum.

Thanks in advance.

K.R. Peter Frost

Answer
Answer

Hello K.R. Peter Frost,

Greetings from your MCP family.

We haven’t received any updates from our Business team if they are going to create/ launch a MCSA Windows Server 2019 certification.

You are correct that the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure has retired last December 31, 2018. However, it was replaced by the MCSE: Core Infrastructure. To obtain this certification you must complete the required exams for any of these two MCSA certifications:

MCSA: Windows Server 2012

·         Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012

·         Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012

·         Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012

MCSA: Windows Server 2016

·         Exam 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016

·         Exam 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016

·         Exam 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016

Please note that, Role-based exams and certifications will show the level at which the certification is positioned in the new framework (fundamentals, associate, or expert). Because this is a significant shift in the certification program, Microsoft is moving away from the MCSA, MCSE, and MCSD acronyms. Also, role-based certifications will be valid for two years. Within that two-year period, Microsoft will provide candidates with opportunities to stay current. If candidates don’t take advantage of those opportunities, they will need to recertify. More information on keeping certifications current will be provided at a later date.

In line with the articles to avoid any confusion, I highly recommend to base on the information that will be released via Microsoft.

Jan Mulder, thank you for your response it will surely help the other candidates who’s having confusion about this matter.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

Otherwise, if this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question below so that other learners can benefit. Additionally, please take our short survey to let us know if your support experience has been great or how we can improve.

Please confirm by selecting “Yes” within 2 business days, otherwise the thread will be automatically closed and be locked. Please be aware that after a case is locked, we will not be able to respond, even on private messages. If your concerns were not fully resolved, please post a new question so that we may proceed in assisting you.

Kind regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 4, 2020 Views 491 Applies to: