Petition to delay the MCSA deadline (Deadline extended)

The news announced today that all MCSA, MCSE and MCSD certifications will retire on 30th June, 2020. I, and many others, believe that this deadline is way too short to allow people to finish their current certification paths. The MCSA: Windows Server 2016 is 9 months on average, 3 months per exam. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/retired-certifications.aspx

I would like to push for this deadline to get moved to at least December 2020, to allow people to finish their current exam paths. The amount of time and money people have to spend to obtain these certs is extortionate, and to give people such a short time now and let it go to waste is a joke. I ask Microsoft to please push this deadline back like you did for the MCSA: Windows 10. 

EDIT: With the Coronavirus now a global pandemic, this makes accessing test centers and training classes increasingly more difficult for those who live in locked-down cities/countries. This isn't a matter of public opinion anymore. It's now a 3 month deadline with people self-isolated, not being able to certify their skills for their careers. Microsoft should REALLY reconsider their options now. Are you really going to say "tough luck" to people who have already spend a lot of money and time on their exams, to fail at the final few hurdles because of a global threat that forces them to stay at home? There is now no argument to delay the deadline to "at least" December. You owe that to all the people who have invested in your products.

EDIT2: Microsoft have now extended the MCSA retirement deadline until January 31st, 2021. I think a lot of people are going to be happy with this latest development. Well done MS.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 2, 2020 Views 11,475 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The news announced today that all MCSA, MCSE and MCSD certifications will retire on 30th June, 2020. I, and many others, believe that this deadline is way too short to allow people to finish their current certification paths. The MCSA: Windows Server 2016 is 9 months on average, 3 months per exam. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/retired-certifications.aspx

I would like to push for this deadline to get moved to at least December 2020, to allow people to finish their current exam paths. The amount of time and money people have to spend to obtain these certs is extortionate, and to give people such a short time now and let it go to waste is a joke. I ask Microsoft to please push this deadline back like you did for the MCSA: Windows 10. 

I support this petition. Lots of effort only to be cut short is not fair. Kindly push back the retirement date of MCSA server 2016
I hope they listen and push the deadline. This is disappointing for people who already studying for the MCSA/E exams. Unless Microsoft has a better plan for us! 
Please move to December 2020. 4 months is not enough notice.
While i litterally just started studying for the mcsa this week and im not as invested as other i am here to support those people who are. Four months notification is not sufficient enough time. Come on MS dont do people like this.

I concur, the deadline should be pushed far enough back to allow those that have already started to study to finish it. The June 30, 2020 (four months) isn't enough time and is unfair to those who have invested time and money into it.

I'm about half way through the studying for the MCSA Server 2016 exams, having passed the 70-740 exam and having studied another 2 months towards my 70-741.

I wholeheartedly agree.

This deadline is cut way to short for students who started the path for the MCSA certification and even passed one or two of the exams for the Certification.

Please extend the deadline, this is not a very thoughtful decision.

I agree with this request. Whilst I havent started studying yet for these as I have been completing various Azure certs which were more urgent for me I have invested money by buying books and materials already so that is now completely wasted.

Whilst I agree the MCSA path seems a little outdated and I would welcome a new Role based exam replacement for the Win Server family the notice period for this cancellation is going to effect a lot of people and it seems very unfair. December would be a much more reasonable retirement date.

I also hope that there is an announcement soon for a new Windows Server exam path there is going to be a need for years to come regardless of the trend to migrating to cloud.

I agree with this petition, i just bought my study guides, and even though I am not as invested in this as many others are as far as time spent studying, 4 months is not enough notice. 
I agree! 4 months is waaaay too short notice.

I totally agree. This has come as a complete shock and from what I can tell no replacement certs seem to coming into place (especially from an infrastructure point of view)

I need the 744 for my MCSE and would like more time than this to complete it.