Can I receive MCSD by passing 70-486

I went through the exam detail pages of mcsd and mcsa. If I recall correctly, completing only 70-486 gives MCSA. But surprisingly passing the same exam seems to be taking to the mcsd qualification also. Is this legit?

Answer
Answer

Hi XBash256,

In order to obtain the MCSD: App Builder, you need to earn either MCSA: Web Applications or MCSA: Universal Windows Platform certification.

The requirements to obtain the MCSA: Web Applications is to pass exams 70-480 or 70-483 along with exam 70-486.

Meanwhile, the requirements to obtain the MCSA: Universal Windows Platform certification, you need to pass exams 70-483 and 70-357.

To obtain the MCSD: App Builder, you need to pass one of the following elective exams:

Exam 70-357

Exam 70-480

Exam 70-483

Exam 70-486

Exam 70-487

Please note that an exam cannot be used to satisfy the requirements for both an MCSA and an elective in the same MCSD path.

If this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question below, so that other learners can benefit, and please take our short survey to let us know if your support experience has been great or how we can improve.

Please confirm by selecting “Yes” within 48 hours, otherwise the thread will be automatically closed.

Regards,

Maze
Forum Moderator
Support Period: Monday – Friday (Excluding Holidays)
Hours to Respond: within 1 business day

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 238 Applies to: