Microsoft MCSA windows 10. What wil it be repalced with? is it still worth getting in these last few months?

Microsoft MCSA windows 10. What wil it be replaced with? is it still worth getting in these last few months?

I just saw that the mcsa for windows 10 is being retired, and that its being replaced by 2 beta exams md 101 and 100. 

I wanted to know, we have about 2 and a half months until the test is retired, is there any benefit to taking it still? What certification will replace it? will it cary the same level of "importance " (forgive my crudeness, I am looking for a term to describe how it would look on a resume and what it will teach, I know the MCSA has some weight to it, what level of certification will this one take? greater than MTA? a different level of certification altogether?)

I appreciate any replies. I have been studying for a while now, but I paused to let some time pass since the MCSA test changes and now, but linkedin learning hasn't submitted much changes (that I have noticed) to the old training material, should I wait even longer, then, to have the training tools available for this new exam? or is it worth it to cram absolutely everything for 1 month and take the test before its retired? I mostly still need some help with powershell, but I see the new tests wont require it (a good move in my eyes, powershell needs a course all on its own)

what are the plans to replace the MCSA? will it have the same "weight" to it as the MCSA? if it will be less significant, how much? how can we supplement it? are there plans to integrate it with office 365 certifications? (as most enterprise environments use office 365 natively nowadays). Will the 365 certification include the details of the program operations or just its configuration? (I remember being certified in Microsoft office 2007 waaaay back in highs cool, but it included a LOT of functions for excell that I no longer 100% remember how to do. I woudl be more than happy to learn all this stuff again, I would just like to know if the certification would include essential configuration of the program IN PART- of windows, or if it will also include essential operation of "deeper" functions, like "if a spreadsheet is taking way too long, try changing the calculations to manual rather than automatic, or things like that. I would like to have more insight into the Microsoft exchange system when it comes to "check-in and-out documents,again, topic for another time "" )

Sorry for so many quesitons all at once, I appreciate any help

Answer
Answer

Hello TheRedBaron91,

Once you passed all the exams required for any certification it may take 24-48 hours for the certification status be updated on the transcript.

One benefit of our MCPs is they can share, download or email their transcript from the Member . Transcript will show all your passed exams and certifications. This can be used a proof of your achievements.

Furthermore, once the certification is available, you can also download a copy of your certificate from your dashboard.

If this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question below, so that other learners can benefit, and please take our short survey to let us know if your support experience has been great or how we can improve.

Please confirm by selecting “Yes” within 48 hours, otherwise the thread will be automatically closed.

Regards,

Arvin_S
Microsoft Community Support
Support Hours – Monday to Friday (Except US Public Holidays)
Estimated Response Time – within 1 Business Day

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2020 Views 406 Applies to: