Not Able to Change Job function to student in order to get Discounts.

The instructions that Microsoft have provided is not clear and I just have no idea to get to the job function field.

I need help on Changing job status to students to receive discount on certification exam.

There is no clear directions for this

Thank You

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Yong Ho Sui,

Usually, candidates are experiencing the same error upon using a different browser aside from Edge and Internet Explorer. You can also try clearing cache/cookies and browsing history, along with optimizing it by setting it in the In-private mode. In addition, please make sure that you are accessing the website with the correct email address.

Note that the academic discount will only apply to MCP related exams and will show upon ‘Check-out’ page.

To make sure that your status is ‘Student-verified’ and a ‘green check mark’ showing on your certification profile, below are the steps to be followed:

Step 1: Sign in on the Learning site and create or update your profile, selecting ‘Student’ in the ‘Job function’ field.  Save your profile.

Step 2: If the Job function now states ‘Student – Get Verified’, click on the ‘Get Verified’ link and follow the instructions to complete the verification process.

Step 3: Once your verification has been successfully completed, return to the Learning site and check your profile (or start the registration process for a Pearson VUE exam).  If the profile page or Exam Confirmation page says ‘Student – Verified’, you are good to go and will receive the appropriate academic discount.

Please note that your student status needs to be verified every 12 months. For more information please visit Academic pricing on exams.

In the event that after following the steps above and you still have the same error, please send us a PSR starting from the sign in page up to the error page so that we can investigate with our Technical support team.

You may click here for the instructions to use the recorder.

Please attach the screenshots along the requested information through the initiated private message. You may directly click the image or use it as a reference to access your private message –

Otherwise, if this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question below so that other learners can benefit. Additionally, please take our short survey to let us know if your support experience has been great or how we can improve.

Please confirm by selecting “Yes” within 2 business days, otherwise the thread will be automatically closed and be locked. Please be aware that after a case is locked, we will not be able to respond, even on private messages. If your concerns were not fully resolved, please post a new question so that we may proceed in assisting you.

Best regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I tried to verify that I am a student, apparently, it says I have used school email already, (I am assuming because I have an account with school email).

When I logged in with that email I receive :

We can’t access your Microsoft profile to schedule your exam. To resolve the issue, try these steps in this order and return to the exam page to schedule the exam:

• Use Internet Explorer (version 9 or above) or Edge
  • Clear all cache and cookies
  • Use the InPrivate option in Internet Explorer or Edge

If the issue persists, you can contact Pearson VUE Support to schedule the exam. If you still need help, please click Ask a question on the Microsoft Certification Program support forum

I tried everything and nothing works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Yong Ho Sui,

Make sure that you are using your personal/private email address while registering for an exam. Note that the school email should only be used for verifying your job function as  a student.

If the same error occurs, please don’t forget to provide the requested information on your private message along with the needed PSR for further investigation.

Looking forward for your response.

Kind regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Yong Ho Sui,

How is it going so far?

Please let us know if you still need further assistance regarding academic discount.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Yong Ho Sui,

Since we have not heard from you regarding the requested information, I will be closing and locking this thread now. Please be aware that after a case is locked, we won’t be able to respond even on your private messages. If your concerns were not fully resolved, please post a new question so that we may proceed in assisting you.

Best regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2023 Views 122 Applies to: