While taking pl300 training, one lab isn't functional

Hi, I've documented at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/problem-following-one-exam-prep-lab/m-p/3331330 an issue i'm having with one power bi prep lab. All the other labs work a different way, ie you press a button to make a working copy of the file and you proceed with the lab. But in this one (which isn't even on the syllabus but does come up when hitting one continue button in the syllabus path), github is explicitly involved and fails supposedly because of something that happened to my azure acct back in 2021. Can someone help?

***Moderator moved this thread from Microsoft Certification/ Exam/ Exam Prep Resources/ Online courses (MOOC)***  

Hi db0421901,

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and this is not the service we want you to experience. Let's work together to resolve this issue.

To proceed, kindly respond to the private message that I initiated along with your information.

Once we have received your message, we will forward this to our support team to further investigate on this.

I look forward to your response. Please note that if no response is received after two business days, the case will be closed and locked. After the case is locked, we will no longer be able to respond, even through Private Messages.  

Regards,  

Marlon_M23
Microsoft Community Support
Support Hours – 5:30am-5:30pm PST Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays)
Estimated Response Time – within 1 Business day

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi db0421901,

I appreciate you for sending the needed information to resolve this issue.

I tried to call you today hence, I am not able to receive any response from your end.

This is to inform you that I am much willing to view the documents you have attached but we don't have an access with the platform you have provided.

To provide accurate resolution on this, we would like to know the exact link/platform you are trying to obtain the labs.

Moreover, it would be a great help if you could provide us a screenshot of the said issue.

Your cooperation will be a big help.

I look forward to your response. Please note that if no response is received after two business days, the case will be closed and locked. After the case is locked, we will no longer be able to respond, even through Private Messages.  

Regards,  

Marlon_M23

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thx Marlon, I need to tell you first that this is NOT the same issue as prematurely discarded by Carl at https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mcp/forum/mcp_exams-mcp_prep-mcp_mooc/wrong-pl300-prep-lab-is-started/bc9b2f0a-6c54-479f-a7bd-927d41f002d3. The issue there is on a completely different and LATER lab and it is my hope that someone will tell him that since he has prevented anyone from replying there .

On this issue , I did not receive a phone message from you. The platform for both issues is a LEARN platform that is initiated at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/power-bi-data-analyst-associate/ . The module on this issue is called "enforcing model security" which I'll try (if its still possible) to track down for you and post here shortly. As mentioned already, this module (unlike all the rest) isn't even listed in the syllabus that displays at this learn link but you reach it unexpectedly by hitting "continue" when concluding one of the core modules.

i'll also visit that private message here shortly to see if i'm missing anything.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Marlon, this should get you started. Notice the 45 minute exercise (highlighted purple) in the 2nd image. That's the lab that initiated this post. In the 3rd image notice the way they instruct you to "get" the source code for that lab. Its totally different from ALL the other labs that just have a button that always works. Notice the error i get today in the 5th image. last time it was an error about my credentials changing back in aug 2021. Finally, notice the top of the syllabus in the 6th image which you can get at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/power-bi-data-analyst-associate/ . Nowhere in that syllabus is this module with the bad lab. so people cant even plan correctly. every other module that i've seen so far is in the syllabus.

the module with this lab is at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/enforce-power-bi-model-security/ . the lab itself is at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/enforce-power-bi-model-security/4a-exercise-enforce-model-security and requires that you "launch the lab" to experience the virtual exercise.

I'll try to find the module whose continue button takes you to this unlisted item. and post back here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am unable to identify the place where hitting some kind of continue or "next module" button took me to the unlisted module. probably because this training app sees that i am no longer taking the overall path sequentially.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi db0421901,

Thank you for getting back to me.

This is to inform you that the reason why your thread with my colleague @Carl_M4 has been closed is because I am already assisting you with the same issue. At the same time, this is to prevent confusion and multiple resolution provided.

Meanwhile, I appreciate you for sending the screenshot and detailed explanation of the issue. After thorough investigation, I found out that the best team that will resolve this issue is Microsoft Learn Team, who are handling course content concern.

Moreover, please be advise that my scope of support is in line with Microsoft Certification profile access/benefits and exam registration.

Your deep patience and understanding are appreciated.

Thanks,

Marlon_M23

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, db0421901.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.  

Based on your inquiry, we understand you encountered issues to start the lab for the PL-300 Exam training.

Please note that we have limited access to the Learn Platform, and we can only guide you to connect with their support line, which can only be reached through the Feedback forms in the bottom part of the article below:

Please see below a reference image for you to submit your feedback:

We hope this is useful to you, if there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to keep in contact with us.

If this solves your problem, please indicate “Yes” to the question and the thread will automatically be closed and locked. In case we do not receive a response, it will be closed and locked after one business day.

Best Regards,

Nicolás Niño
Support Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30–17:30 EST (Except US Public Holidays)
Estimated Response Time: Within 1 Business day

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, db0421901.

We hope you are doing well.

Since we have not received a response from you, we will proceed in closing and locking this case. If the resolution provided did not fix the issue or answered to your inquiry, we invite you post a new question.

We wish we could be of more help, but if any additional assistance is needed, we will be happy to jump in and take a look.

Please keep in mind that once this case has been locked and closed, you cannot reply.

Best regards,

Nicolás Niño
Support Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30–17:30 EST (Except US Public Holidays)
Estimated Response Time: Within 1 Business day

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2023 Views 129 Applies to: