How to activate MCT benefits

Hi,

Last (current) year I used the Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer MSDN 25 users subscription I received as a MCT benefit. I'ts valid through march 2018. I just recently renewed my MCT and in my.visualstudio.com I can see I have a valid subscription till 2019 (1 additional year).

How do I get this renewal into my current office 386 tenant?

I tried to set the current subscription to auto-renew, but then I get 2 options:

- renew for just a month

- renew only once (won't be renewed in future).

Also, how do I get my 100$/85€ azure credit renewed? Cannot find any information about that.

Please assist!

Answer
Answer

Hello Rini,

Our Team (MCT) and Visual Studio team have exhausted all their efforts in trying to resolve this issue.

MCT team confirmed that there is no issue with regard to your benefits as an MCT because our database shows that everything is working fine. Per Visual Studio team, your Visual Studio subscription which is associated with your MCT account looks perfectly fine and can be accessed without any issue.

We both found that since you paid for an Office 365 subscription separately apart from your MCT benefits, your questions should be answered by the Office 365 support team, Visual Studio team can help with a few but again, Office 365 should be able to confirm the information/questions below:

How does expire work?

1. After the expiration date (March 22, 2018), the licenses enter a grace period where the customer has 30 days. 

2. After the grace period is over, the licenses reach a disabled state, where the customer loses access but the subscription remains in the tenant for up to 30 days.

After expiration date March 22, will tenant be still fully functional? For how long? What restrictions?

Tenant will always be functional, the items that become unavailable or unusable are the actual licenses that go through the de-provisioning process. For more details, contact Office 365 Support Team.

What is the grace period? Refer to the first question. 

What 2 months do you mean? 2 months best case scenario as explained before on the first question. 

Is with this first solution possible to maintain all configuration and data in current tenant?

It will be ideal to always back up data. Users remain, but their licensing, and any setting associated to the licenses could be lost. For more details, contact Office 365 Support Team

And if so, what will happen to one year, after new subscription ends. Then also issue renewing?

If the customer renew same type of subscription, there should be no issues to renew on the same tenant. 

For the second option, creating a new tenant (void tenant) the customer can transfer the information from one tenant to another using the instructions in this link, if the customer needs assistance, Office 365 Support Team can help with this.

We are offering these two options (referring to options on my previous post) due to the fact that the Office 365 Dev benefit included with Visual Studio subscriptions is intended to used in non-production environments. As such, the Office 365 Developer licenses cannot be activated on production tenants.

Therefore, the error you're getting does not involve your MCT application and benefits. To completely resolve your inquiry, please contact Office 365 Support Team:

Office 365 Contact Details:

800-865-9408

Office Hours: 24 x 7

Since there are no action required from our end at this time, we are now considering this ticket closed from our end. If you agree, just indicate YES this resolves the issue to benefit other learner.

For MCT related questions and inquiries in the future, just create a new thread so we can immediately take action.

Hope we have clarified our scope of support.

Thanks,

Jarusel_B
Forum Moderator
Support Period: Monday – Friday (Excluding Holidays)
Hours to Respond: 24 Business Hours

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 609 Applies to: