Additional detail on verified certificate coupon codes

Thanks to everyone for the questions and feedback about the updates announced in the blog post last week: Evolution and Updates to the Microsoft Professional Program (MPP)

There have been a number of questions about the coupon codes, so I want to provide a bit more detail.

If you were enrolled in one (or more) of the MPP courses before March 31, you will receive an email from edX with a discount code. The email will be sent after the new course run begins (Saturday, April 1) - you should receive it on Monday, April 3.

Once you receive it, you can use the code for any of the courses with the new $99 verified certificate price that is eligible for MPP credit which you complete before June 30, 2017. You will be able to use this code on more than one course.

If you want to start a course prior to receiving the code, when you enroll in the course, you can elect to 'audit'. After you receive the code, you can upgrade to a verified certificate and apply the coupon code at checkout.

--K

Discussion Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 1,509 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dear Kevin, 

Thank you for clarification, but we still need more : 

- Regarding the newly added courses, it seems you are taking care of students feedback for example, I think that so many students like me were not comfortable with this course "Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics Delivered by Columbia" so removing it from the track was a very good decision, but what about students who already finished this course and want to cover the missing points supposed to be covered in that course, and want to take the newly added course ?

- and could you please provide us with list of all courses with increase in price, 

- and is the final project course is one of them ?

- and what happens if I could not finish the remaining courses before end of jun 2017?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

Hi Kevin

Has the discount code been sent out yet? I checked my mailbox this morning and no email from edX yet.

I signed up beginning of this year but only able to complete part of the MPP. I also enrolled the rest of the course before the deadline March 31.

Please kindly send me the code

Regards

M

Thanks for your note, Mahmoud.

If a student has already completed "Statistical Thinking For Data Science..." and earned the verified certificate, that person will retain credit for this skill requirement and is not required to take the new course. All other students will need to take the new course. If you already received credit but still want to take the new course, you're welcome to do that, either by auditing the course for free or paying to earn the verified certificate. This will not affect your completion status for the MPP Data Science certificate.

Rather than provide a list of courses, I can tell you that all Microsoft courses that opened on or after April 1 are subject to the new pricing. Only two courses – which opened prior to April 1 – still have the $49 price for the current course run (Essential Statistics for Data Analysis using Excel and the Final Capstone Project).These will increase to $99 during their next course runs.

The coupon code you will receive can be used for courses with the new $99 verified certificate price before June 30, 2017. After that date, pricing for each course will be as stated on the EdX course page.

Best regards.

--K

KB

Hi Kevin

Many thanks for your prompt response.

So will the coupon be sent later today? Hope I am not mistakenly being missed out.

Please keep me updated

Kindest

M

Hi Minh - I haven't seen the email with the coupon code yet, but I'm expecting that it will be sent out today. To make sure you see it as soon as it arrives:

1. Make sure you're looking in the email account where you typically receive updates from EdX. The email will come from them, not Microsoft.  
  2. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder. Sometimes emails like this trigger the filters.

Best regards.

--K

KB

Hi Kevin,

Would you be able to confirm if these discount codes have been issued centrally yet?

I haven't recieved one yet, and yes I've checked by junk mail ;-)

I started the MPP late last year so based on the information provided in Keiths blog and above I'm expecting to be eligible.

Many thanks,

Jason

Hi Kevin,

Would you be able to confirm if these discount codes have been issued centrally yet?

I haven't recieved one yet, and yes I've checked by junk mail ;-)

I started the MPP late last year so based on the information provided in Keiths blog and above I'm expecting to be eligible.

Many thanks,

Jason

I haven't received a coupon either...

Just wish to update Kevin that I received the coupon code sent over night.

Thanks

M

Just wish to update Kevin that I received the coupon code sent over night.

Thanks

M

I still haven't received it.

Is it a personal discount code?

Hi Koen

It doesn't appear to be personal code. I just got generic email midnight from edX explaining why Microsft changed the pricing and provided a $50 discount code "that can be applied to any $99 course in the program currently open for enrollment".

Hope that helps

M